Power Pivot For Data Monkeys With Ravi Kamana from PowerBIFox
It promises to be one of the best Conferences in Chennai. These Workshops in Chennai are organized by professionals who are skilled to give you the most innovative learning experience. Power Pivot For Data Monkeys With Ravi Kamana from PowerBIFox Is under conferences in Chennai, workshops in Chennai, conferences and workshops and conferences in india 2018.
Type of Event: Conferences in Chennai.
Category of Event: Workshops in Chennai.
Analyzing Data to Make Business Decisions: Microsoft Excel 2016 with Power Pivot for Data Monkeys
Aim of the Workshop
In the wake of growing importance for Data driven decisions in the business world, Microsoft Excels PowerPivot became a revolution with its game changing abilities in the recent times. Power Pivot for Excel 2013/2016 is a powerful tool which allows you to consolidate and mine large data from multiple sources, investigate trends, create dashboards and make sense of your Business data with just a few clicks in the familiar environment of Excel. Discover the power of Power Pivot for Excel with our workshop.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel’s Pivot Tables and limitations,
- Overview of Microsoft Excels PowerPivot,
- Importing Data from various sources i.e. Excel, Text, SQL Server etc.
- Creating Star-schema and Data models using Relationships,
- Understanding Evaluation context, Row context,
- Creating Calculated columns, Comparing with Measures,
- Dealing with Calendars, Comparing Period Over Period growth,
- Ranking over a Measure, Building KPIs,
- Using variables in DAX expressions for On-the-Fly formulas,
- Creating Hierarchies, Grouping Data, Dynamic Drill-downs,
- Building most Powerful DAX measures,
- Creating Disconnected tables, Slicers,
- Some Advanced DAX functions that we use:
CALCULATE, CALCULATETABLE, RELATED, RELATEDTABLE, FILTER, ALL, ALLEXCEPT,
SUMX, RANKX COUNTROWS, DISTINCTCOUNT, EARLIER, VALUES, SUMMARIZE, ORDERBY,
ISFILTERED, KEEPFILTERS, SWITCH, HASONEVALUE, ALLSELECTED, USERELATIONSHIP, ADDCOLUMNS, TOPN
- Working with Time Intelligence functions:
DATESBETWEEN, DATEADD, DATESINPERIOD, SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR, PARALELLPERIOD,
DATESYTD, DATEQTD, DATESMTD, TOTALYTD, TOTALMTD, TOTALQTD, FIRSTDATE, PREVIOUSYEAR.
- Using DAX Studio for querying,
- Visualizing Data using Power View, Power Maps, Power BI,
- Creating Dashboards, KPIs using Power BI,
- Few cases of DAX patterns in the real world:
- Dynamic Product Analysis,
- ABC Analysis by Products & Customers
- Customer Loyalty i.e. calculating New Customers, Returning Customers
- Cumulative Total,
- Time Patterns,
- Drill-downs at Parent Child levels,
- Dynamic Segmentation etc
Entire workshop session will be run in a problem-solution approach. We take up a Business scenario create a challenge in terms of data analysis and try to solve it using Excel’s Power Pivot functionality. Later we take the next level of problem by complexity and solve it using DAX. Finally we search for more ways to do the same task in Excel.
- Data Analysts,
- BI Professionals,
- Information Professionals,
- Any Power user of Excel who struggles with Multiple Data sources for consolidation
Things to know before attending this workshop
- Participants should bring their own laptops with at least Microsoft Office 2013 Pro Plus or Microsoft Office 2016 Professional or later versions with Power Pivot, Power View, Power Maps, Power BI Desktop, DAX Studio installed in them. Please Google for installation procedures.
- All the travel/stay arrangements should be taken care by the attendees only,
- Snacks will be provided during Tea-breaks, Lunch will be provided on Paid Basis.
- All the exercise files and workout files used in the workshop will be shared freely,
- Post-workshop, support can be given in solving certain Data challenges at the full discretion of the trainer. Sometimes it may cost you basis the complexity of the challenge.
- Your Time punctuality will be highly appreciated during the workshop.
About Your Trainer
I am Ravi Kumar Kamana, a Data monkey hailing from coastal Andhra Pradesh, worked for many corporates like Ingersoll Rand, iGate, Wipro etc in different levels. I am a Microsoft Office Specialist-Excel Expert, Microsoft Certified Professional, Financial Modeler, Blogger, Vlogger. I get happiness thru training people in Power Pivot, Power BI. I travel Pan India on this training. Very recently, I started a Youtube channel namely PowerBIFox.
The Power Pivot For Data Monkeys With Ravi Kamana from PowerBIFox is categorized under Chennai Conferences Near Me, Chennai Workshops Around Me, conferences and workshops in Chennai 2018 and India Conferences Near Me.