Lepakshi with Archaeologist from Bengaluru
Highlights of trip:
– Archaeologist accompanied trip
– Historical, Architectural, Mythological & Archaeological views & stories.
– Unfolding Vijayanagara Empire history
– Articulation of Amazing Architecture with each pillar having a unique carving
– Listen to the history of Lepakshi and the connection with Jatayu
– Monolith bull, hanging pillar, exquisite sculptures & mural paintings
– Immerse yourself into the beauty of fresco paintings depicting Shiva Parvathi Kalyanam
Date & time: Please visit our website to find out exact date of trip
Start location: Bengaluru City Railway Station (guests can board enroute)
Type: Heritage Trip with Archaeologist
Level : Easy walk
Start from Bengaluru, reach & explore Lepakshi temple
Lepakshi temple was built in 16th century. It’s an architectural marvel that needs to be seen, touched and experienced. We multiply that experience with the Archaeologist who explains beautifully. Do you know that there is huge granite Nandi (bull), carved out of a single block stone? You will see elegantly painted Ramayana and Mahabharata stories. Do you want to know the stories in detail?
Do you know the story of 3 legged teacher in the picture?
Do you know about hanging pillar at Lepakshi?
After Lepakshi visit, have lunch at Haritha. Post lunch, visit to Devanahalli fort.
– There is an interesting connect with Kanchipuram (town near Chennai), Devanahalli Fort and Bengaluru City Founder. What is that?
Relax enroute, Coffee / Tea with snacks, Reach Bengaluru,
Cost: Rs.2100 per person
Cost Inclusions: Local AC Van, Lunch, Coffee / Tea with Cookies or Snacks, Entry Fees, Archaeologist and a Travel Manager,
Cost Exclusions: Anything not in inclusions. Any cost related to optional spots / items. Any camera fees.
Note: Time given is indicative. Itinerary is subject to change. For foreign citizen, cost would be the same except for entry fees which will be actual.
Testimonials: About Vijay, Archaeologist & about our previous Heritage Trip
1. “Nice memorable trip! Thanks to Srinivas, Balaji & Vijay for making it one! Look forward to exploring more such trips!” – KeyTerns Guest
2. “Last weekend gone for a one day tour to Mahabalipuram / Mamallapuram, an UNESCO Heritage Site, 7th Century Built monuments & temples. It was wonderfully organized by KeyTerns team Srini and Balaji. The trip was curated by Vijay, a young Archaeologist, who explained the Pallava kingdom history in-depth in an awesome way. Even though I have been to Mahabalipuram / Mamallapuram earlier, But this trip was quite different. It was highly informative and so entertaining, learned loads of historical information about the Pallava kingdom, Mythology and their mind-blowing architectural style. Thanks and kudos to Keyterns team.” – Bala ( http://casualwalker.com/pallava-kingdoms-mahabalipuram-mamallapuram-tour/)
About KeyTerns: We offer following travel services.
– Group Travel in Nature & Offbeat, Heritage & Culture and Spiritual & Wellbeing for the like minded
– Personalized Travel for Solo, Couple, Families and Friends as per their need and interest
– Corporate travel for their employees to build talent and retain through our ‘Learning while Travelling’ and “Employee engagement’ Trips.
– Educational Travel for students that helps practical understanding for faster and better education
Heritage Travel – https://www.facebook.com/HeritageTerns
Inspired by: KeyTerns derives its name from super bird “Arctic Tern” that travels from Arctic to Antarctica covering around 90,000 km per year. In its lifetime, it travels 24 Lacs KM, which is equivalent to 3 times traveling to Moon and coming back.
#heritage, #lepakshi, #HangingPillar, #MonolithBull, #Vijayanagara, #Architecture, #Archaeologist
For similar events visit Events In Chennai