Great Lakes Kashmir trek
Walk through never ending green meadows to lakes in surreal shades of blue? The Kashmir Great Lakes trek is without doubt one of the most beautiful Himalayan treks that one can do. Over 8 days you encounter seven high altitude lakes.
Rediscover serenity and uncover what makes Kashmir Great Lakes Trek a trove for adventure and nature enthusiasts seeking a thrilling experience of trekking in India.
Day 1: Journey Day: Bangalore-Srinagar Airport-Sonamarg. Camp at Sonamarg
Day 2: Gagangir to Nechnai to via Shukdari (11km 6to 7 hours camp at Nechnai Alt 11500)
Day 3: Nichnai(11,500ft) to Vishansar via Vishansar pass (Alt 13500 camp at Vishansar 11500 Alt can visit to Vishansar lake 12 km 6to 7 hours)
Day 4: Vishansar(12,000ft) to Gadsar(12,000ft) via Kishansar lake via gadsar pass highest point of the trek 13750 ft via gadsar lake longest day of the trek (15km, 8to9 hours, camp at gadsar army camp)
Day 5: Gadsar(12,000ft) to mangandubb(12,000ft) satsarlakes (8km, 4to5 hours, camping at mangandubb Alt 11500, visit to other lakes)
Day 6: mangandubb(12,000ft) to Gangabal(11,500ft) twin lakes via zechpass (10 km, 6to7 hours, Alt 13300, camping at Gangabal Alt 11500)
Day 7: rest day at Gangabal
Day 8: Gangabal to Naranag(7,450ft) (11km, 6to7 hours, Alt 7500) and drive back to Srinagar
Day 9: and Day 10: Sightseeing in Srinagar
Day 11: Journey day: Srinagar-Bangalore
Things to Carry and Detailed Itinerary will be shared with the registered participants only.
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
No of participants: 15-20 Members
1. Tent accommodation during the trek
2. Meals while on trek
3. Trek equipment like Sleeping bag, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent
4. Trekking Permits
5. First aid medical kits
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
1. Flight Tickets – Participants must book the flights by themselves. Check with organizer for the dates, flights and any other details
2. Hotel Stay in Srinagar or any other place during the trip
3. Meals before or after trek days
4. Travel to Base camp and back to Srinagar
5. Any other expense that is not mentioned in the Inclusions list is borne by participants themselves.
For similar events visit Events in Bangalore