Basmai Pass & Tarsar Marsar Lakes
Situated at an elevation of 4000 meters, Basmai is a cradle shaped hanging valley in one of the remote places to visit in the Kashmir Himalayas. It lies in the Ganderbal and Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, sharing its boundary with Zanskar to the other side and is dominated by the majestic Kohlai peak. The valley surrounded by snow-covered peaks and alpine forest flora is a treat for nature lovers and bird watchers alike. Trekking towards Basmai and Tarsar Marsar Lakes, one can find trees of Pine (Chir), Oak, Deodar, Bhojpatra, along with many varieties of fauna. The Kohlai Glacier is located towards the north of Basmai.
In summer months of Mid June to September, this is a moderate trek and a paradise for trekkers and an opportunity to observe the daily lifestyle of the Bakarwal or shepherds and villagers in some of the remote locations in the state. It is interesting and heart-warming to observe their daily life in farms and modest houses with their ever friendly attitude and smiles. A moderate snow cover in the month of June also adds to the virginal beauty of the valley!
Altitude: 4,300 mts
Temperature: Towards the summer months, one can expect
the temperature to range from 20 degree Celsius during the day and
drop down to as low as -2 degree Celsius during the night in the
valley. The chilly winds in the early morning and evening can
make it feel even colder.
Trek Duration: 7 days.
Trek Cost: Rs 12000 (Which includes Rs 500 towards BIT fund) plus Rs 1500 per head for Airport pick up and drop to base camp from Srinagar
Base Camp: Gagangir
How to reach Base camp: Gagangir is situated at a distance of 80kms from Srinagar and can be reached in approximately 4 hours.
Day 1: Journey Day: Bangalore-Srinagar Airport-Gagangir
Day 2: Gagangir to Basmai optional Soun Valley.
Day 3: Basmai to Basmai Lake via Basmai Pass.
Day 4: Explore Basmai Lake and trek to Lidderwat.
Day 5: Lidderwat to Shekhwass.
Day 6: Shekwass to Sonmus via Marsar Lake.
Day 7: Trek to Sumbal and drive to Srinagar.
Day 8, 9 & 10: Sightseeing in Srinagar and around (Optional- Not managed by Intrepid Trekkers, participants can plan together couple of months prior to trek dates)
Day 11: Journey day: Srinagar-Bangalore
How to register:
Fill the form in the below link and you will be asked to transfer advance amount by end of Febraury to confirm your slot
1. Tent accommodation during the trek
2. Meals while on trek
3. Trek equipment like Sleeping bag, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent
4. Trekking Permits
5. First aid medical kits
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
1. Flight Tickets – Participants must book the flights by themselves. Check with organizer for the dates, flights and any other details
2. Hotel Stay in Srinagar or any other place during the trip
3. Meals before or after trek days
4. Travel to Base camp and back to Srinagar
5. Any other expense that is not mentioned in the Inclusions list is borne by participants themselves.
* Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the event: Full refund as cash
* Cancellation within 30 days from the start of the event: No refund of 5K or find a replacement yourself
1. We strictly follow “Do Not Litter” policy. If possible we will pick up already existing garbage from the nature.
2. We are non-profit volunteering group so please do not expect any luxury during the event.
3. Basic necessities will be taken care by the organizer. We expect you to be flexible enough during the event.
4. Intrepid Trekkers and its organizers are not responsible for any accidents or injuries, loss or damage to your personal belongings or any other uncertainties during the event. The participants agree to take full responsibilities and sign a letter of undertaking before the start of the event. Check the following link to read the letter of undertaking.
For similar events visit Events in Bangalore